Monday 7 January 2013

so offended

Ma and Pa dressed me up in my jacket and took me for a walk. It was cold outside but with my jacket it was nice and cosy. There was no rain so I didn't even get dirty. Everyone was happy about that.

Out on the street people have started to throw away their Christmas trees. This has been happening a bit since New Years Day, but as of today it looks like most people have decided to heave the trees as there were so many about.





We went for a huge walk to an area none of us had been before. We had a round trip and made it back to the apartment.

I was tired and was hoping to knock off and sneak off to bed. But NO! Everything got very serious.

Papa made us a cup of tea and he sat me down. He said 'Now Barney, see this note? This is a complaint from the neighbour about your barking.' We got it yesterday, but your Mama and I have been discussing what we should do about it before talking to you.


I was so pissed off and offended. I don't bark too much, and bloody hell, when they leave me alone I get lonely and scared. Usually I only bark for a little while to see if they will change their minds and take me, but once I know they are really gone I just go to sleep. Geez, no need to write a note about it.

I told Papa all this and he said 'I know Barney, I know you miss us and want to come, but sometimes you just can't and you have to stay here. If we could take you all the time we would.'

So we discussed the issue and both Ma and Pa had some stern words to me about needing to stay quiet. They said I espescially need to be quiet at night and also between 1pm to 3pm, apparently a house rule of quiet time. I said I would try but couldn't guarantee anything.

Then we moved on to what should we do to acknowledge the complaint. I suggested we lay a 'steamer' at the neighbours front door. Apparently they didn't think that would help the matter.

Instead, Papa made me sit and write a note to the neighbour. I put on my writing glasses and had a go at the note. Once I had finished I asked Papa if it was okay and he said it was and we would 'sit on it' and decide whether to give it to the neighbour later on.


Ma and Pa gave me a hug and said 'Barney, now we live in Germany, they have some funny rules that we aren't used to. We are all going to have some adjustment and you need to help us. We don't want to piss the neighbours off and have to deal with ongoing issues'.

We left it there, but I'm still fucking offended. How bloody dare they. ME? A COMPLAINT? Unbelievable.




No comments:

Post a Comment