Wednesday 6 February 2013

bonanza

This week Mama and Papa have been disappearing every day at the same time. They told me that they are attending a German course for the next few weeks. I thought they already spoke German?

Yesterday before they left, Papa said 'Don't worry, we are going out to our restaurant later, we'll be back soon.' And then they chucked me in my crate and left. I was feeling pretty tired anyway.

By the time we went out to our restaurant, the Kurhaus Korsakow, I was still tired but I do love going outside. We sat in a different spot in the restaurant where I could see everything. It was tiring for me to say 'Hi' to everyone that walked in. I kept barking at Mama to feed me a bit of her schnitzel and she always did! (Papa never does..Boooo!)


After they were done I thought we were going home. I was really tired. But instead they took me for more of a walk. We went on a U-Barney somewhere. The train is fun but I get a bit scared. Because I am so little, sometimes people don't see me and I am always at risk of getting stepped on. Most of these fuckwits are on their phones or listening to their music with headphones on to notice me. Papa tries to keep me safe but I always pull away trying to see what is going on.

Out of the train we went for a walk, and then we got the U-Barney again back to our neighbourhood. More fuckwits with phones trying to step on me. Out of the U-Barney again we got a tram a very short distance home. Papa keeps saying 'How good are these month cards eh!' Not sure what he means.

I was absolutely stuffed by the time we got home.

This morning before they left Papa sat me down and said 'Sorry Barney, we have to leave again and you won't be going outside at all today'. Shit.

When they came back in the afternoon I wasn't having it. I wanted to go outside. I said 'Papa, while you have been out I have been checking out shit on the internet and apparently one of the best coffee places in Berlin is a tram ride away. Take me there!'.

Papa didn't need convincing so we got the tram up to Prenzlauer Berg.


The place I selected is called 'Bonanza Coffee Heroes'. They roast their own beans and have a special coffee machine and everyone reckons its ace.




The guy that made the coffees looked like 'Shaggy' from Scooby Doo! But he made a good coffee.


I wasn't allowed inside so we had our coffees outside. We were literally 'chilling' out there.


Good coffee as I said, very smooth and not very hot, just the right temperature. This meant we finished them pretty quickly.


Before getting back on the tram I needed to sniff out the place.


And then leave my calling card. This is my tree now...as are several others on the way there and back.


We took the tram back and Papa held me most of the way to protect me from all the feet and lots of prams.


I'm glad I made them take me there, good coffee and a nice day out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment