Friday 15 March 2013

Package for me!

We all had a go at getting up early today at 8:30am. It didn't suit any of us and I led the migration back to bed not long after our morning coffee.

At the crack of 11am our buzzer thing went and Mama answered. It was the postman. She got dressed and went downstairs to get whatever it was. A few things have come this way so I wasn't too fussed.

When Mama came back in she says 'Barney, it's your thingy!'

What's a thingy? I thought.

She opened it up in front of me and then I saw my thingy - it was my new snow suit thingy. 



The present from Auntie Toni!! They had sent it back because it was so over sized the first time (read the story here). Now it had arrived - would it be the right size? 

'Put it on, Put it on me!' I shouted. I was hopped up on excitement. After all, we had gone for a walk yesterday and I got dirty AGAIN.

So they put it on me.  First things first. It fits pretty good. Everyone was relieved.

However, they didn't put me in front of a mirror and this is my first time in a full body suit thingy. I felt a bit weird. How did I look?


I felt a bit fucking stupid to be honest. 'Put my hood on' I said, maybe that will make me look cool and from 'the street'.

They put it on, I bowed my head to look cool and whispered 'Do I look really cool?'


They didn't say anything. I heard a bit of a giggle. I looked up at them.


'Stop laughing, do I look fucking cool or not?' I demanded - in a very uncool way.

'Umm, well yea I guess so. You look great Barney. It will be good for you, you know, in the snow and that.'

They didn't sound convinced. 'Show me what I look like in this suit!' I demanded again.

They stood me up in front of the mirror.


I was flustered and I didn't feel too cool now. I was loosing my patience and the suit was getting quite hot. Before taking it off though I took a stroll around the lounge room for a test walk and my back foot came out of the back leg thing.



Papa said the leg thing wasn't a problem - we just didn't have the it zipped on properly. He also said if I really found it awkward those back legs can be zipped off. Good.

It wasn't raining today and I was still really tired from our early start so we didn't get to test it out in a real life scenario. I am really happy with it - whether I look cool or not, I am tired of getting dirty. I am sure the other dogs will be jealous of me.

Thanks Auntie Toni.


No comments:

Post a Comment