Monday 10 March 2014

Caution Dangerous Pomeranian

People have been busting my chops lately 'Why so quiet Barney?'

Well, the truth is that I have been a bit crook, sick, poorly, whatever you want to call it. Nothing life threatening but just not myself, sore guts and some bad food choices.

It all started after Valentines Day I guess. Maybe the cold and maybe too much food. I just felt bloated. I had no energy. All I wanted to do was sleep.

And then this week, woo hoo! I was feeling so much better and I was finally able to say to Mama and Papa - let's go out! And we did, back to strutting about town for a couple of days. And then disaster again...Sauerkraut!

I'd never had it before, and Mama and Papa didn't think it through before giving it to me. Partly my fault I guess because I stare them out during dinner and bark until Mama gives me some of whatever she's eating.

Back to the Sauerkraut - have you ever had this shit? I found out later it's 'chopped pickled cabbage'...the only thing even remotely appetising about those three words is 'chopped'.

So I didn't know better and wolfed down the bit I was given. A bit sour, but mixed with potato it was okay. But, later on in the evening, ooohh my guts were rumbling something fierce. I'd never felt like this before. I'd go to the toilet and nothing, just rumbles. I was so uncomfortable. This went on all night, even after we went to bed, constantly begging Mama or Papa to take me to the toilet, and NADA!

We all went back to bed each time and I tried to sleep it off, but at 3:30 am I had the jack of it and said 'NUP, I AIN'T HAVING THIS NO MORE!'. I woke Papa up and said 'You better let me out there pal...something's about to happen!'

So we went out to the bathroom and I walked in some circles but it wasn't coming, I thought maybe a walk around the living room will do it and yep...BAAARRFF. I almost got it on the carpet but Papa pushed me off last minute. It wasn't pretty, looked like my lungs and innards had come out. Bloody hell I felt better after that - though I did need a few days to recover as my sleep and appetite was all off.

Which brings us to today...I am back in fine form and the weather outside is unbelievable for this time of year, about 17 degrees and clear sunny skies.

We went for a walk around our neighbourhood and hung about by the train tracks. Near there is a big bulk items store where Papa had another of his 'hilarious' photo set ups with me. Groan.

Vorsicht Gefährlicher Hund Pomeranian

The sign says - 'Vorsicht Gefährlicher Hund' which means 'Caution dangerous dog'. Good one Papa...another gold parenting moment. 

When I see a sign that says 'Caution Unfunny Person' I'll take a photo of him next to it. Pah!

Aside from the stupid photo, it was a glorious day and I was so happy to be back to normal!

Pomeranian Berlin Warschauerstrasse Friedrichshain

We finished our walk by hanging out at the train tracks and skate park thing with the cool dudes.

I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment