Friday 21 December 2012

acclimatising

I was a bit out of sorts yesterday after getting home. The parents have been telling me about jet lag, and I think I have got it. I couldn't settle in this strange new apartment and spent the night off the bed, on the bed and just wandering around.

The parents are still jet lagged too so I had company.

I wasn't really sure where I could go to the toilet and was a bit slow to cotton on to what I was being told. I first pissed in the lounge room and got told off for that. About 3am I was a bit disorientate and ran down the hall and pissed on the front door. Dad was consoling but I knew he was super annoyed.

I've pretty much got hang of the toilet business now and have realised that they have got me a pee tray just like at home. Makes sense to me now, but this one is a different colour so I wasn't sure to begin with. I will try harder in future - unless I want to annoy my parents :P

So today once we all got up for real around 7am we just took it easy. I took turns to sleep on the couch and the floor. We even watched a movie from the laptop as all the TV is in German.

We mucked around at home the whole day and then they decided to show me the Friedrichshain neighbourhood. They put my hoodie on and we went walking.

Bloody hell it was cold. Minus 4 degrees papa kept telling me. Do you like your new home they kept saying on the walk. Are you kidding? its freezing and I want to get back to bed. However the place does seem pretty cool. Lots of dogs are leaving their messes on the street so there's lots of sniffing for me to do.

In our area we have a street called Simon Dachs Strasse which is apparently the highly desirable 'hip' area. It was pretty cool was bars, restaurants and little storefront shops. I think I was ruling this street in my hoodie  just like the rest of the hipster dudes.



 After our walk through the district we went to the cheapie supermarket Lidl so they could get me some supplies. Like last time I wasn't allowed in, so Papa and I had to stay outside. 


I was ok for a while but then the minus temperature really chilled me. Papa put me in his jacket and that was lots better. People walking past gave us one of two looks:L Aww that's cute, or Eww that's weird. 



I reckon I'm cute and Papa is weird. 



No comments:

Post a Comment