Tuesday 22 January 2013

me? a restaurant? wow!

Mama and Papa got their coats on this evening and said 'Barney, we are going out tonight with out friends Tom and Danika'. Great a night home alone for me. :(

But then they got me dressed in my coat too? Wha? I thought they were going to a restaurant. I've always been excluded from these places before. What are they anyway?

So we went walking to our local tram stop where I met Tom and Danika for the first time. Mama and Papa had met them back at home when they did German lessons together. They were all speaking English though. How good were these lessons then?

We then walked to a restaurant in our local area called the 'Kurhaus Korsakow'. Mama and Papa went there last week without me but said I was allowed to come this time. Wow!

Inside we went and no one seemed to care that I, the cutest dog in the world, had also strolled in. I said 'Hello! It is me, Barney and this is my first time in a restaurant!'. No one cared.


Seeing as there was no fuss I took my position under the table. Sniffing our the situation. I got my lead tangled in the chair legs but Papa helped me sort that one out.


The four of them ordered schnitzels. I didn't get anything, but that was okay as I ate earlier.


Mama and Papa chatted with Tom and Danika about their shared experiences with a move to Berlin. Tom and Danika have just been here a week so far and were telling us all about their adventures and experiences at their apartment. Then they started talking about me and my 'barking problem'. How embarrassing. I hid under the table for that.


 Mama kept checking under the table that I was okay. I was. Back off!


Once they finished talking about me I made an appearance at the table to see them all face to face and see what they were eating. Looks okay I guess.



Mama and Papa say this is their 'Tuesday night regular' as there is a special on these nights where all meals are 6 Euros. Apparently this is a bargain, and Papa likes a bargain. I don't pay for anything so this means nothing to me. They seem to like it, and if they keep bringing me here, then it's my 'Tuesday night regular' too. Woo hoo!.

After dinner the whole crew came back to my place. I entertained by barking at Tom and Danika. Mama didn't seem to like this. Then it was time for them to go home and I went out again to walk them to the tram! Sheesh, I love a walk, but I am ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment