Saturday 19 January 2013

I go shopping...and apologising

Over the past week Mama and Papa have been taking me on walks everyday. We don't seem to go anywhere particular, just around the neighbourhood usually. I am starting to wonder if they are trying to make me tired so I don't bark when they go out. I guess it works a little bit because I am tired when we come back from walks, but I still like to bark a bit when I know they aren't home.

So today I got dressed again for a walk. I get pretty excited during this process. I know what's coming!


Outside, Papa clipped my lead to his backpack. He keeps on doing this. Mama doesn't like it. Papa says it lets him keep his hands warm. I don't really care.



When we went out, we went to the market area that we've been twice before. Oh great, same old shit again. "No Barney, on Saturdays they have a different market, its a food market today!' - they said. Oh okay, a different market. Let's check it out!

This market was nice, lots of different stalls.












We had good look around and then the three of us had a coffee at one of the outdoor coffee stalls.


These coffees were pretty good, probably the best one we have had so far.


And I made a mess of myself getting the last of the foam out. Yuuuuummmmmeee!


After the market I thought it was all over and back home. But no, they walked a while to a shopping place called the 'Ring Centre'. Great, me and Papa would need to stand outside as per usual while Mama goes in.

But no! They just walked the three of us straight in. Are we allowed to do this? Are my parents breaking the law. It was so strange for me to be inside a shopping centre. I've only ever heard about these things from Mama.

And here we were, so many people, so many feet to dodge, and yet no one really seemed to care that I was in here. Allriiiiight!

I went shopping for some jeans. But none in my size.


Then we went to a big electronics store where Mama did some shopping. I just chilled out, still stunned I was allowed in here!


The only place I wasn't allowed to go was the supermarket. I didn't mind, Papa and I sat outside the supermarket but still in the shopping centre. People were coming up to me and talking to Papa about what kind of dog I was and an old couple was absolutely smitten with me. Of course!

Once Mama was done we started walking home. Just before we got to our front door they stopped and rang someone else's doorbell. Papa spoke to them in German but I could understand what he was saying. "Hello, we are your neighbours with the dog. You wrote us a note. Can we speak to you?'

They said 'Ja' and the door clicked open and we walked up to their apartment.

Oh fuck, am I in trouble? Papa turned to me and said 'Barney, these are the people you have been annoying. Behave, and apologise'.

The neighbours let us in the apartment and Mama and Papa started to talk to them in German. They must have run out of German because everyone started to speak English. I was really worried for a while, but these neighbours turned out to be absolutely lovely. What was even lovelier was their apartment! Wow. It is twice the size of ours!

Mama and Papa had a good chat with the neighbour and they said that I wasn't really that much of a problem. YAY! They also admitted that they are not the quietest either, to which Papa agreed and said we can hear someone running around all the time. Well, we bloody can! Its their child. They have another one on the way as well. Great, in a few months I'll have to deal with a ruddy screaming baby (I was going to say 'fucking' here instead of  'ruddy', but Papa said not to use that word too much).

Mama and Papa and the neighbours were all smiles when we left. Looks like we are all in the good books. Woo hoo!

However, that didn't stop me getting put in the crate again tonight. Guess I am not entirely off the hook,








No comments:

Post a Comment