Monday 6 January 2014

New Years Eve - I don't care for it

So we've had a friend stay with us recently, which you can read about in Mama and Papa's blog Mark Visits.

He came to see us, sightsee in Berlin and take part in Berlin's 'crazy' New Years celebrations.

I fucking hate New Years Eve, which you may have read from last year, in my stories Who is Silvester? and Parenting.

This year on New Years Eve, Papa told me that they were going out for a party and I'd be alone. I said 'That's cool with me'.

But..

Then Papa says, 'I know you haven't been out all day, so I'll take you for a run around the block and you will get to see that there is nothing to be afraid of.'

I didn't think it was a good idea, but he said it would be for the best.

So we get all dressed up to go outside and once out on the street he starts running. 'What the fuck is this?' I thought, we don't run. We just don't.

And just as I'm thinking this, BANG!, we ran over something that exploded. Papa and I both shout out 'Fuck, what was that' and we look back to see a little child and his dad setting off fireworks on the footpath.

We slow to a brisk walk and Papa says to me 'Wow, I didn't see that one' and I said, 'Yea, coz we were fucking running, dickhead' Geez.

I was packing it by now, but instead of going home, Papa decides to head up to Frankfurter Tor - where people are going crazy already with their fireworks. I'm pretty scared at this point...I mean take a look at my fur - I'm fucking flammable!

Barney Pomeranian scared of New Years Eve in Berlin

He picks me up at this point, I'm shaking with fear and he says 'Maybe we better go home'. No shit.

Back at home we get behind the front door of our apartment block - safe behind the metal and glass. I'm still freaking out.

Barney Pomeranian scared of New Years Eve in Berlin

Papa says, 'Don't worry, you are safe now' and I am relieved to be back on my own turf, away from these pyromaniacal morons.

Barney Pomeranian scared of New Years Eve in Berlin

'Take me inside, let me hide'.

Back in my pad I crashed from physical and emotional exhaustion. I guess he was right in one way - as I was so tired I slept through most of the evening (once they pissed off to their party) and listened to all those bombs going off outside from my bed.

I'm glad this shit is over for another year.


No comments:

Post a Comment