Sunday 25 May 2014

Faking it

This week started off on a bit of an awkward note with me and Papa.

It was Monday morning and I was doing my thing, licking and exploring under the bed, when he tried to grab me out from under there. In doing so, he pinched my fur and skin and it hurt. So I bit him. He shouted at me, I growled back at him and we were both pretty stand-offish for the rest of the morning.

By lunchtime Mama and Papa said they were going out. I asked Mama (didn't dare talk to Papa) if I could come with. She said ok. Papa said 'fine, but we're bike walking'.

So we went out and man they really made me run while they were on their bikes. I was getting knackered and my arm was getting a bit sore. I thought Papa was getting revenge on me for biting him earlier.

Back at home they noticed I was limping a bit to stay off my sore arm. All of a sudden they were both really nice to me. I realised quick that it was the limp, so I really laid it on. I pretended I was extra sore and limped really badly around the house. I was getting a lot of attention, the bite from earlier was forgotten and Papa was caring for me like a champ. Ha, I was going to have some fun with this.

So the next two days I kept limping. I overheard them saying that they thought I was faking. Hmm I was going to have to play it a bit smarter.

I was still getting the special treatment but the backfire was that they would't take me outside and they were growing suspiscious. 'You need to rest' they kept saying. Shit, I wanted to go out. It was so nice outside.

So I scaled the limp back slightly, so that by Thursday when I asked to go out they said 'Okay, but just to the park over the road so you don't need to walk to far. We'll have a picnic!'

Woo Hoo. I was pretty excited. Papa made us all coffees and then we took them down to the park.

Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

I got settled in with my coffee...
Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

And we people watched, the sunbathers...
Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

And a couple of girls making some drip painting...
Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

It was getting hot, (the coffee didn't help) but I was loving it outside.
Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

But then I was having too much trouble keeping cool, so Papa put some water over me to keep cool...
Pomeranian fakes a limp for sympathy

 I was really enjoying my family day in the park, so much so that when we ended the picnic and walked home I forgot my fake limp and ran all the way through the garden and up the stairs - with no limp.

The game was up.

Inside they both confronted me 'A-HA! We KNEW it!!!'

I put the limp back on for a bit but it was over. No more special treatment. Shit.

Everything has calmed down now though and we are back to normal. I was pulled out from under the bed by Papa again this morning and even though he pinched me again, I held back and didn't bite him this time.

I haven't cooked up a new scheme just yet so I need to keep everyone on my good side. I'll come up with something though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment